The India Centre
1. Promote the study of Indian cultural traditions, including artistic heritage, artist and artisanal communities, socio-economic-religious-ecological traditions, and historical and epistemological knowledge - through various research projects.
2. Engage in scholarly discussions on the development of these aspects of Indian culture in the context of the modern world (especially postcolonial context) to explore how and why our understanding as well as approach to viewing 'Indian culture' has been shaped - through seminars, conferences, and research projects (primarily ontological and epistemological).
3. Document and archive FLAME student projects.
4. Work towards advancing the study of some of the aspects of Indian culture.
5. Engage with the public for inculcating an informed understanding of varied aspects of Indian culture.